Instead of wings this year, get your hot sauce fix in this warm, cheesy bean dip. It’s got everything you need… creaminess, spiciness, that awesome and funky blue cheese flavor, and best of all can be assembled ahead of time and baked off when the party calls.
- 2 15- ounce cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Buffalo style hot sauce such as Frank’s
- ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded mild cheese such as Monterey Jack or mild white cheddar
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into pieces
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- Cut vegetables, chips or crostini for serving
Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly butter an 8” round baking dish or cast iron skillet.
In a small saucepan cook the hot sauce over medium heat until reduced by about half, 5-8 minutes.
Combine the beans, hot sauce, yogurt, and salt and stir to combine. Stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese, then distribute evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the blue cheese and scallions. (If making ahead, refrigerate for up to 6 hours).
Bake for 15 minutes (or 20-25 if coming cold from the fridge), or until bubbly and warm throughout. Serve warm with vegetables, chips or bread for dipping.
Try with the Viña Borgia ’17.